How do I buy at auction?
- Fill in Buyer registration Card and pay the registration fee of $100. This fee is used as a deposit, or refunded if you do not buy.
- Inspect the goods to be sold and decide what you would be prepared to pay for the lots you are interested in.
- You may either call out your bid, or add your bid in excess of the previous bid by a show of your Buyer Registration Card or hand.
- The Auctioneer accepts bids until one bidder is left and will sell the goods (unless passed in).
- Any goods passed in can usually be acquired by negotiation immediately after the auction. The highest bidder has the first option to negotiate.
How do I choose the right carpet?
How do I know how much I need of a floor covering?
- A Fowles’ representative can visit within the Melbourne Metropolitan area to measure the areas to be covered.
- The measurements can be taken from good quality floor plans if available.
Why do some goods go to auction?
Carpet manuafacturers often have “short ends” left over from large productions that they cannot sell to their retailers.
Discontinued lines are also a common reason for selling through auction.
Do I have to buy at auction?
How do I pick up my goods?
Do you deliver?
Hint: Most carpet layers will collect the carpet from us on your behalf prior to installation.
Can I get my carpet installed?
Your new floor coverings will be installed:
- Minimising joins
- Minimising wastage
- Keeping joins away from high traffic areas where possible
- Taking consideration of ambient light
- Taking consideration of flow of traffic
Click here for tips on how to ensure your installation goes smoothly on the day.
What payment options do you offer?
Do I need to stay for the auction or can I place a proxy bid?
What are your operating hours?
How do I pay for my goods?
Fowles Auctions & Sales
BSB: 013 268
ACCOUNT: 8357 85088
Remitter information must be your bidder number. Please allow 24-48 hours for funds to clear prior to requesting your goods to be dispatched.
When can I view the auctions?
|Carpet Auction viewing:||7 Days a week.|
|Timber + Building Materials :||From 7am to 5pm Monday to Friday|
|Home Renovators :||From 7am to 5pm Monday to Friday and from 8am to 4pm Saturday|